Pupil Personnel Supervisor, Ms. Cheryl Levin
Phone: 412-244-1900 extension 4364
Pace School in Churchill currently serves children in kindergarten through tenth grade and accepts applications throughout the school year.
Pace is licensed to serve children educationally diagnosed with one of the following:
- Emotional Disturbance
- Pervasive Development Delay
All referrals come through the home school district’s Special Education Department. The following documents are required for placement consideration:
Letter of request for placement
Current Evaluation Report
Current Individual Education Program (IEP)
Current psychological/psychiatric information, if applicable.
After this information has been received:
- The Admissions Committee meets weekly to review referrals.
- The school district is contacted as to whether the student is accepted for intake, more information is required, or if the student will be placed on a wait list.
- Students referred to Pace School may also be recommended for admission to the School Based Partial Hospital Program.
- In order to be admitted to the Partial Hospital Program, the child must meet medical necessity criteria as determined by an evaluation by our psychiatrist.
- The family will be sent the registration paperwork (Intake Packet_pdf) which can be returned at the time of the intake appointment or assessment.
- The family and school district are notified of the placement decision within one business day of the evaluation.
- A start date is set which is dependent on transportation coordination and district approval.
- A revision to the student’s IEP is scheduled within 45 days of the student’s first day of attendance.
It is the policy of Pace School to offer admission and provide services to students, and employ staff without discriminating based on race, color, sex, national origin, ancestry or disability.