Pace Partial Hospitalization services include comprehensive clinical assessments that identify and differentiate behavioral health symptoms. Assessment also helps to determine the motivation and function of a child’s behavior, taking into consideration any physical health or environmental influences.
The Assessment and Evaluation process includes:
- Complete review of the child’s prior mental health records.
- Clinical interviews administered by a master’s level therapist.
- Family interviews and input into the current and past functioning of the child across multiple settings.
- Contact and review of information from other agencies or providers working with the child and family.
- Mental status examination, symptom and medication review performed by the Pace School Psychiatrist.
- Trauma history assessment to identify “what has happened” to a child that may contribute to the current functioning and behavior.