For referrals and admission information contact:
Virtual Tour of School: click here
Pace School currently serves children in kindergarten through twelfth grade and accepts applications throughout the school year.
Pace is licensed to serve children educationally diagnosed with one of the following:
- Emotional Disturbance
- Intellectual Disability
- Pervasive Developmental Delay
- Specific Learning Disability
Referrals are made by the student's home school district’s Special Education Department by providing the following documents:
Current Evaluation Report
Current Individual Education Program (IEP)
Current psychological/psychiatric information, if applicable.
After this information has been received:
- Students referred to Pace School may also be recommended for admission to the School Based Partial Hospitalization Program.
- In order to be admitted to the Partial Hospitalization Program, the child must meet medical necessity criteria as determined by an evaluation by our psychiatrist.
- The Admissions Committee meets weekly to review referrals.
- The school district is contacted as to whether the student is accepted for intake/evaluation, more information is required, or if the student will be placed on a wait list.
- Registration paperwork will be sent to the family for completion. These documents are to be submitted at the intake/evaluation appointment
- The family and school district are notified of the placement decision within one business day of the evaluation.
- A start date is set which is dependent on transportation coordination and district approval.
- A revision to the student’s IEP is scheduled within 30 calendar days of the student’s first day of attendance.
It is the policy of Pace School to offer admission and provide services to students, and employ staff without discriminating based on race, color, sex, national origin, ancestry or disability.